woensdag 10 augustus 2016

Building a tree house part 2

Time to take on the glue gun. Again :) I've been trying to work with it for several times, unsuccesfully I must say, so I dreaded this fase quite a bit :')
But somehow I got the hang of it and even started to like working the glue gun. Who'd have guessed? :D
You can watch the tutorial by Sharon Ojala to see how to do it, so I'll just show you how my little treehouse has progressed. 
What worked for me was not glueing every piece of tin foil at the same time. After a few pieces I took a break so I could look at it with new eyes and see where I wanted the next pieces.



At the bottom I let the pieces of tin foil deliberately stick out. They'll be the tree roots and I can still bend them anyway I want at the fase, or even cut them if I don't like them after all.


I didn't like the two little windows the second floor had before, so I changed that into one larger window. It looked too much like a face with two eyes and a mouth ;)


On the inside of this wall I want to make a fireplace. On the outside I want to make a stone chimney so I took the half of an egg carton and glued it to the side.



The wooden floor got three coatings of oak stain. Hopefully that'll be enough because I already glued it :P
Still thinking about the other floor (a)

Next will be covering everything with paper machè, from newspapers and glue with water. Can't wait to see how that'll turn out.


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten