donderdag 11 augustus 2016

Building a tree house part 3

I figured that I better do the ground floor first before I start with the paper machè. I've decided against another wooden floor, because that would be what I would normally do to; match everything so it'll all look nice and go together perfectly :)
So instead I've choosen to make a stone floor, made from egg carton. I tore some egg carton in little pieces. It was already painted but since I would be using Gesso it wouldn't matter.
With a lot of Gesso - mixed with a little bit of water - I sort of 'glued' the pieces to the template I've made previous. After I fitted the last piece I put some more Gesso over it.




The painting turned out different than I intended because I was impatient and didn't wait long enough to let the Gesso dry completely. I started by dabbing black acrylic paint with a paper towel (like the kind underneath) and after that added black paint between the 'stones' with a small brush.
But then I took a big brush and that when everything started blending together :) So I only added some brown acrylic paint by dapping with the bigger brush et voila :D

Earlier I tore a couple of news papers into stripes so this evening I can finally start playing with the paper machè. Should be fun ^^


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten